Blog: Wiki So Far





     Fitness is one aspect in life that I have started to become really involved in. I believe everyone should treat their bodies with the best care possible and be wary of what we are putting into our bodies. With this in mind, the areas that I chose to first contribute towards in our new media class wiki was under the category of New Media and Fitness. The specific pages I have included content under are "Instagram Fitness" and "Snapchat Fitness." I added paragraphs worth of content explaining the benefits that these social media platforms bring about in terms of helping people get inspired to work on their bodies or even gain more knowledge of what type of exercise routines to partake in depending on what part of the body wants to be worked on. As mentioned in my wiki contribution, many people are not able to afford gym memberships, but Instagram and Snapchat allow users to post their own workouts for others to take advantage of. Famous celebrities and fitness models post innovative and easy exercises on their platforms that are easy to follow by viewers. Snapchat is a platform known for more excessive posting which is a great advantage for workout videos that are posted by others. Celebrities such as Khloe Kardashian and fitness models like Jen Selter are two prime examples of professionals that contribute fitness content for free which advocates viewers to try it at home for free. Cyberbullying is a topic that I have always cared for. I think it is very important to be knowledgable and more aware of what can take place on the Internet. I have added a paragraph's worth of content which discusses cyberbullying in more detail and have also added an image alongside with this. I have also included a paragraph of content under "Anxiety, Depression, and Eating Disorders Linked to the Use of Social Media." I discussed what role social media plays in why so many people suffer from anxiety, depression, eating disorders and various other illnesses. Social media has created a certain set of standards people have convinced themselves they have to fit in order to be "perfect." This is a topic I am very passionate about and it's a main reason why I have chosen to contribute to this area of our wiki. With all the content that I am adding to our wiki, I am constantly going back and fixing any spelling mistakes or small edits that need to be done as well. Besides adding content to these pages, I have made edits to pre-existing pages in the Fashion, Youtube, and New Media in Investing categories. These edits consist of fixing spelling mistakes of words, re-wording words in order for the sentence to flow better, and helping material  in general come together more smoothly. In the New Media in Investing category, as I was making minor edits, I decided to contribute a few sentences to the topic as well. Robinhood is an app that I have experience with in my past dealing with investing in stocks which is why I chose to contribute to this topic. Since this is an online course, I thought it would be great to include an image under "Online Learning" which displays how a student like me studies virtually through a laptop. It helps viewers better visualize the concept of online learning and studying in my opinion. I am always interested in other religions and cultures so while I was browsing through our wiki I came across the New Media and Religion category. I was fascinated by learning that there are islamic related applications which can project prayers through smart phone devices. This led me to research and find an image that I decided to incorporate in our wiki. The image displays an app which has islamic readings translated in English. Other contributions I have made thus far are the inclusions of references in the categories I have already contributed under such as Instagram Fitness and Cyberbullying. These references are included to help viewers and readers verify that my information is accurate and trustworthy. I have made substantial additions to our class wiki and look forward to continue making more contributions.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Blog: Next New

Creativity and New Media

Advice